Summer Entertaining in Blue and White

When it comes to summer entertaining, I like to keep things simple.  That is not to say that I will forgo my usual dressed up table.  Not at all!!!  It just means that I will keep it fuss-free.

I usually begin styling my tables with a focal point.  Most times, it is fresh flowers from my garden that become the main characters (in spring through fall of course).  For this table however, it was my chinoiserie jar filled with lovely pink peonies. The flowers or the jar can easily stand on their own, but when combined, they bring magic to the table. Setting the tone for a glorious and romantic table. 

Truth is, blue and white is always an easy choice - bright, fresh and always makes a table feel sophisticated.




And you know me, I always like to bring out the china....  Even if it's only my husband and I or a casual gathering with a friend; pretty plates are always going to adorn my table.  I don't believe in keeping pretty china in the cabinet. Life is just too short not to enjoy the things that make you happy.



I also like to add a little something special to each place setting - an individual floral arrangement, place card, candle or small gift.  It makes your guests feel special and thought about.




And can you imagine a more summery set of plates?  These white and blue floral plates capture the essence of a summer afternoon in the garden to perfection.  Such cherry and charming blooms bring pleasure to any gathering and add a distinct nod to summer.














Source List:

Vase:  Home Goods
Stripped candle holders:  Michael's 
Dinner Plate:  Federal Gold by Lenox
Accent Plate:  Garden Grove by Lenox
Gold Flatware:  Imperial Caviar by Lenox
Glassware:  Crate & Barrel 




So next time you are gathering with friends, think of the endless options that blue and white have to offer.

Happy Fourth of July everyone!!!!


Hugs

Janet 

Comments

  1. Dear Janet,
    It looks particularly nice and exciting, like every time!
    Caring for beauty is a place of honor for you and I appreciate it !!!
    It's nice to stay in your shady garden at such a table.
    Wonderful greetings, Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a gorgeous job decorating your table. But then, you always do things to perfection. I'm inspired :)
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue and white is a winning combo any time of the year. The pattern on your china is beautiful and it compliments the Chinoiserie jar very well. Thank you for joining us again this week at Celebrate Your Story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Janet...so pretty. I love, love the blue and white. So charming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine anything more charming. I was hooked but then I saw that pink tuffet!!!!!! Swoon.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty blue and pink table setting. I particularly like the blue and white striped individual flower vases.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've mixed my favorites: Blue & White, and gold! Perfection. Thank you for sharing at Make it Pretty Monday! Happy weekend! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful flowers!Gorgeous pieces! Exquisite tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blue and white with pink accents is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet, popping back in to let you know that you are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2017/07/sunday-showcase-make-pretty-monday-8-14.html Hope to see you again tonight at Make it Pretty! Happy week to you! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh heart be still, love, love, love blue and white table settings. And I share the same philosophy, use the things you love.

    Carolyn/A Southerner's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janet, I have a passion for blue and white as you will see on the blog hop! What a gorgeous table for two! Thanks for sharing at Gardens Galore!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely blue and pink at the table! Your peonies are amazing! I am enjoying my book so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blue and white china and pink peonies and hydrangeas.Delightful table. Don't you love the Paris book. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts